Monday, January 5, 2009

Provide Family Support & Involvement

Child development experts all agree that kids perform their best when they know they are properly supported at home.  Kids want to impress the authoritative adults in their lives.  When these adults invest time to encourage and genuinely praise the kids for their accomplishments, it gives the kids a strong sense of self worth and belief in themeselves.  It is even more effective if the adults can take an active interest in the child's activites and school work.
Martial Arts is something the whole family can get involved in regardless of age, fitness level, or gender. They say the family that KICKS together, STICKS together! It is a very positive activity that can be practiced year round instead of seasonal.
I am not only a life long Martial Artist and Martial Arts Professional, I am also an AKKA Parent. Enjoy this video of me an my 3 kids demonstrate some of what they have been learning in our programs. Having my own kids in our programs PROVES that I TOTALLY believe in what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment